Here is the summary from monthly KATO sales meeting.
Please feel free to contact for any product inquiry.
- Mr. Kato committed release of "Soundbox" by end of year.
- Odakyu NSE pre-order is selling very well and trying to release by end of year as well.
- Still making delay on many of the item release and Mr. Kato will take the situation serious.
1. KATO 10-1181 - Odakyu Romance Car Type 3100 NSE
First time to show final prototype. Looks very well designed and made. Also check body coupling.
2. D51 Steam Locomotive (Tohoku version)
2018-1 - 1st type will be released by end of Nov. (with slug shape upper body)
2016-5 - Standard type will be released on December
This item sold out at Kato already. Secure yours now.
3. KATO 3078 - Electric Locomotive ED19
Very small locomotive. Looks like B train shorty locomotive.
To be released on Jan., 2015
4. KATO 10-1184 - Electric Locomotive ED19 and TAKI10600 tank wagon (Myojo Cement)
TAKI10600 will not be sold as standalone freight car product.
Other New Products
Went through new products introduced recently announced Feb, 2015 release.
With the new announcement, KATO is focusing on "Itaya Pass" which is on Ou Main Line, where steep passage required special locomotive.
1. Electric Locomotive ED78/EF71
Both are used at Itaya pass. Double heading is also good.
Both locomotive includes headmark "AKEBONO" and "Rapid KAMOSHIKA".
2. Diesel Train KIHA181 "TSUBASA"
New design for car #1 for coupling with EF71
Cab cars on add-on set (10-1254) doesn't come with head/tail lights.
3. Series 50 coach
Finally to be released from KATO.
Available in 5 car set or individually.
OHAFU50-2461 which is included in 5 car set (10-1276) doesn't have working tail lights (can be added by replacing parts)
Compatible with body mount coupler